← Courses / Leadership And Teamwork
Leadership And Teamwork
This course is designed in compliance with the STCW/78 as amended, tables A‐II/1, III/1, III/6 and the IMO model course Leadership and Teamwork . Course IMO 1.39.
- Understand the concept of leadership and the importance of teamwork within a vessel.
- Clearly distinguish the different hierarchies and authorities within a vessel.
- Apply the necessary methods for solving internal conflicts with the crew.
- Know the functions assigned to each crew member designated by their superiors.
- Applying knowledge in the management of onboard staff and various events that may occur to maintain adequate working environment.
- Know the different international maritime conventions and recommendations under national law.
It is assumed that students who take this course by learning on campus and board experience, having enough familiarity with the operations aboard understand that leadership and teamwork is an essential part of their role on board the operational level.
IMO Course No: 1.39 Regulation: II/1, III/1 and III/6 Course Duration: 3 days (20 hours).