← Courses / Port Facility Security Officer
Port Facility Security Officer
This course meets the requirements of knowledge of the person to be appointed to the duties and responsibilities of a Port Facility Security Officer (PFSO), as defined in chapter XI‐2 of SOLAS 1974 and paragraph 2.1.8 of ISPS code Part A.
Participants who complete this course should be able to undertake the duties and responsibilities of the PFSO, as defined in section A / 17.2 of the ISPS Code, which include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct a comprehensive initial inspection on the protection of the port facility taking into consideration relevant to the assessment of the security of the port facility.
- Ensuring the development and maintenance Protection Plan Port Facility.
- Implement and execute Protection Plan Port Facility.
- Regular inspections of the company with regard to the protection of the port facility to ensure the continuation of appropriate security measures.
- Recommending and incorporating appropriate Protection Plan of Port Facility to correct deficiencies and to update the plan to consider the relevant changes to the port facility modifications
- Enhance understanding and monitoring the security of the port facility personnel.
- Ensuring adequate training to personnel responsible for the protection of the port facility.
- Report to the relevant authorities and maintain a record of occurrences that threaten the security of the port facility.
- Coordinating implementation of the Plan of Protection of Port Facility with appropriate communication with the CSO and SSO
- Coordinating with security services appropriately.
- Ensuring that standards for personnel responsible for security of the port facility are effective.
- Ensure that the protective equipment is properly operated, tested, calibrated and maintained.
- Assisting ship security officers confirming the identity of those seeking to board the ship when requested.
It is assumed that students who attend this course will be hired people (or about to be hired) by an operator of a port facility and are likely to be designated security officer of the port facility. However, it has not provided any specific entry requirement.
IMO Course No: 3.21 Course Duration: 3 days (18 hours).