← Courses / Security Training For Seafares With Designated Security Duties
Security Training For Seafares With Designated Security Duties
This course is designed in compliance with the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers, STCW / 78 as amended, for all seafarers that need instructions and knowledge in security awareness for seafarers with designated security duties, IMO MODEL COURSE 3.26 according to Regulation VI/6, Section A‐VI/6, paragraphs 6‐8 and Table A‐VI/6‐2.
- Know everything about current threats and patterns used to violate security measures.
- To recognise and detect dangerous and harmful substances and objects.
- Recognise potential terrorists or suspicious situations without being discriminatory
- elements such as culture, language and more.
- To know different techniques used to circumvent the protection on ships and ports of call.
- All matters relating to security in communications.
- Manage, monitor and implement the right inspection techniques.
- Properly operate the different systems existing safety equipment and protection.
- Know the emergency procedures and contingency plans.
- Methods of physical searches of persons, personal effects, baggage, cargo and ship’s stores.
It is assumed that those attending this course are seafarers or other personnel serving on board and are likely to have designated security duties in relation to the ship security plan.
IMO Course No: 3.26 Course Duration: 2 days (10.5 hours).