Become an Instructor
All the Instructors who are interested in provide training services on behalf PMTS should comply with the following requirements:
- Recognized Certificate or Title of Train of Trainer in accordance with Rule I/6 of the amended STCW 78 Convention (IMO No. 6.09), for the type and level of training.
- Recognized University Degree of Teaching, if applicable.
- Certificate, title or suitability of the respective courses for which the applicant is interested in teaching.
- For all mandatory training with the use of simulators, the applicant should comply with the provisions in accordance with regulation I/12 and Section A-I/12 of STCW 78 Convention as amended (IMO Course No. 6.10)
- Training in instructional techniques based on, as applicable, RADAR, ARPA, GMDSS, Bridge Simulator, Engine Room Simulators and other equipment.
- Demonstrated experience in the handling and use of simulators.
- The following years of experience in the area of expertise are required:
|Engineer / Naval Architect||2 years|
|Naval Mechanical Architect||2 years|
|Master/ Chief Engineer||1 year|
|Second/First Engineer / Chief Mate||1 ½ years|
|Deck Officer / Engineer||2 years|
|* Others||2 years|
- The following years of experience as Instructors are required
|Engineer / Naval Architect||1 year|
|Mechanical Engineer||1 year|
|Master/ Chief Engineer||½|
|Second/First Engineer / Chief Mate||1 year|
|Deck Officer / Engineer||1 year|
|* Others||1 year|