← Courses / Security Awareness For All Seafarers
Security Awareness For All Seafarers
This course is designed in compliance with the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers, STCW / 78 as amended under the regulation VI 6, paragraphs 1‐3, Section A‐VI/6, paragraph 4 and Table A‐VI/6‐1 ,‐IMO Model Course 3.27.and Chapter XI‐2 of SOLAS 74 and ISPS Code
- Know the meaning and consequential requirements of the different levels of protection.
- To recognize and detect dangerous and harmful substances and objects.
- Recognize potential terrorists or suspicious situations without being discriminatory elements
- such as culture, language, among others.
- Learn the techniques used to circumvent security measures.
- Know the emergency procedures and contingency plans.
It is assumed that those attending this course will seafarers or other personnel serving on board will not be assigned specific security duties in relation to the Ship Security Plan.
IMO Course No: 3.27 Regulation: VI/6 Course Duration: 0.5 days (4 hours). Apply for this course »