← Courses / Security Awareness Training For All Port Facility Personnel
Security Awareness Training For All Port Facility Personnel
This course was designed in compliance with the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping STCW/78 for seafarers as amended, IMO MODEL COURSE 3.25. Rule VI, Section A‐VI/6, Table A‐VI/6‐1.
- Know the meaning and the demands required of the various safety levels.
- To recognize and detect dangerous and harmful substances and objects.
- Recognize potential terrorists or suspicious situations without being discriminatory elements such as culture, language, among others.
- To know different techniques used to circumvent security measures in the port area.
- Know the emergency procedures and contingency plans.
No prerequisites to enroll in this course, need not have any experience, has no minimum age for participation, nor is it necessary to have experience at sea to take it.
It is assumed that those attending this course will be personnel employed or engaged in any capacity at a port facility is required to comply with the ISPS Code and which cannot be assigned specific duties in connection with the Port Facility Security Plan.
IMO Course No: 3.25 Course Duration: 0.5 days (4 hours). Apply for this course »